Sizzling Tandoori Chicken with Basmati Rice
Make dinnertime sizzle with a delectable spin on this much-loved dish. Simply toss chicken with tandoori sauce, season roasted chickpeas with cumin and paprika and serve on a bed of BEN’S ORIGINAL™ BISTRO EXPRESS™ Basmati rice.
- 2 pouches (each 250 g) BEN’S ORIGINAL™ BISTRO EXPRESS™ Basmati Rice
- 1 can (540 mL) Chickpeas, drained and rinsed and patted dry
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Canola oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Ground cumin
- 2 tsp (5 mL) Ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Prepared tandoori sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
BEN'S ORIGINAL™ BISTRO EXPRESS™ Basmati Rice, 250g
1 Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Toss chickpeas with oil, cumin, paprika and salt. Transfer to baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
2 Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well. Toss chicken with tandoori sauce. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
3 Cook rice according to microwave directions. Toss with roasted chickpeas.
4 Garnish with cilantro. Serve with grilled chicken.
DESCRIPTION AMOUNT PER SERVING
- Calories 460
- Carbohydrates (g) 53 g
- Dietary Fiber (g) 4 g
- Protein (g) 35 g
- Sugars (g) 2 g
- Sodium (mg) 610 mg
- Total Fat (g) 12 g