Chicken Fried Rice with a Pineapple Punch
Delectable chicken fried rice that packs a punch! That’s right: everything you love about this traditional Thai dish – tender cubed chicken breast, chopped green onions, BEN’S ORIGINAL™ Jasmine rice, plus a sweet punch of pineapple.
- 1 cup (250 mL) BEN’S ORIGINAL™ Jasmine Rice
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Canola oil
- 12 oz (375 g) Cubed chicken breast
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Chopped onion
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Minced ginger
- 2 ribs Celery, sliced into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 large Carrot, sliced into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 Red pepper, sliced into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Chopped pineapple, about 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Sodium reduce soy sauce
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) no-salt added chicken broth
- 2 Green onions, sliced on the angle
BEN'S ORIGINAL™ Jasmine Rice, 1.6kg
1 Heat oil in skillet. Brown chicken over medium heat.
2 Add onions, garlic, ginger, celery, carrot, red pepper, and pineapple. Sauté for 5 to 7 minutes or until softened.
3 Add rice and cook for 1 minute.
4 Add soy sauce, vinegar and broth and bring to boil.
5 Reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
6 Stir in half the green onions and sprinkle remaining green onions overtop.
7 Serve with side salad.
DESCRIPTION AMOUNT PER SERVING
- Calories 370
- Carbohydrates (g) 53 g
- Dietary Fiber (g) 2 g
- Protein (g) 27 g
- Total Fat (g) 5 g