Chicken Fried Rice
In just a few minutes, you and your family could be digging into a warm and savory mix of chicken, rice and veggies.
- 2 cups (500 mL) Cooked and cooled BEN’S ORIGINAL™ Wholegrain Brown Rice OR BEN’S ORIGINAL™ CONVERTED™ Brand Rice (prepared without butter or salt)
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Cooking oil, divided
- 3 Large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 lb (250 g) Chicken, cubed
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Salt
- 2 tsp (30 mL) Fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup (125 mL) Frozen corn, carrot and pea mix, thawed
1 Heat half the oil in a large, nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add beaten eggs, swirling to coat the bottom of the pan. When eggs begin to set, flip and cook completely. Transfer to cutting board, roll and cut into thin strips.
2 Increase heat to medium-high. Add remaining oil. Cook chicken with salt, for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown all over and cooked through.
3 Stir in the BEN’S ORIGINAL™ CONVERTED™ Brand Rice or Wholegrain Brown Rice and ginger. Cook, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until rice is hot.
4 Stir in soy sauce, vinegar, peas, corn and carrot medley and eggs. Cook stirring for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are heated through. Serve immediately.
DESCRIPTION AMOUNT PER SERVING
- Calories 570
- Carbohydrates (g) 78 g
- Dietary Fiber (g) 5 g
- Protein (g) 27 g
- Sugars (g) 2 g
- Sodium (mg) 470 mg
- Total Fat (g) 15 g