Indonesian Fried Rice
Take a trip to Indonesia, without leaving the kitchen. Toss diced onions, sliced carrots, and sweet peppers and mix with BEN’S ORIGINAL™ SPICY STYLE Sambal Chili rice – top with a fried egg and serve.
- 2 pouches (each 240g) of BEN’S ORIGINAL™ SPICY STYLE Sambal Chili Flavour
- 2 tsp (10mL) Canola oil
- ¼ cup (60mL) Diced onion
- ½ cup (125mL) Sliced carrots
- ¼ cup (60mL) Diced sweet pepper
- 2 cups (500mL) Bean sprouts
- 1 cup (250mL) Sliced Napa cabbage
- 1 tbsp (15mL) Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15mL) Water
- 4 Eggs
BEN'S ORIGINAL™ Spicy Style Sambal Chili Flavour, 240g
1 In a large skillet (or wok) heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 1 minute. Add carrots and sauté for 1 minute. Add pepper and sauté for 2 minutes. Add bean sprouts and cabbage and sauté 1-2 minutes.
2 Add BEN’S ORIGINAL™ SPICY STYLE Sambal Chili Flavour, maple syrup and water and continue sautéing, while stirring until heated through, 3 minutes. Divide between 4 bowls.
3 Add eggs to skillet (add more oil if necessary). Cook to preferred doneness and top fried rice bowls. Enjoy!
- Add ground beef, chicken, ground turkey or ground pork.
- Add cooked shrimp.
- Use coleslaw mix instead of carrots/sprouts/cabbage.
DESCRIPTION AMOUNT PER SERVING
- Calories 306
- Carbohydrates (g) 45 g
- Fiber (g) 4 g
- Protein (g) 13 g
- Total Fat (g) 10 g
- Sodium (mg) 329 mg
- Sugars (g) 6 g