Pork and Shrimp Fried Rice
Give traditional Thai fried rice the VIP treatment with a few delicious upgrades: like seasoned roast pork and baby shrimp tossed with chopped green onions, egg and carrots. Simply the best.
- 1 cup (250 mL) BEN’S ORIGINAL™ CONVERTED™ Brand Rice
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Chopped carrots
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Leftover roast pork, cut in small cubes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Cooked baby shrimp
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Frozen peas, thawed
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Chopped green onions
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Soy sauce
BEN'S ORIGINAL™ CONVERTED™ Long Grain Rice, 2kg
1 Prepare rice according to package directions.
2 In skillet or wok, heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over mediumhigh heat; sauté carrots for about 4 minutes or until starting to soften. Push carrots to side of pan. Add remaining oil; cook egg, stirring, for 30 seconds or until set. Mix carrots into egg. Stir in rice, pork, shrimp, peas, green onions and soy sauce; stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until heated through.
DESCRIPTION AMOUNT PER SERVING
- Calories 330
- Carbohydrates (g) 45 g
- Dietary Fiber (g) 1 g
- Protein (g) 16 g
- Total Fat (g) 10 g