Tasty Thai Chicken & Peanut Butter Rice Bowl
Get creative in the kitchen with this incredibly easy, and incredibly delicious, bowl – chicken, rice and the perfect blend of flavours, including ginger, soy, citrus and peanut butter. Dig in!
- 1 cup (250 mL) BEN’S ORIGINAL™ Jasmine Rice
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Low sodium chicken broth
- 1 Fresh lime, half juiced and remaining cut into wedges
- 3 tsp (15 mL) Low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) All natural smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Brown sugar
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 Large carrot, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 Zucchini, thinly sliced in rings
- 1/2 lb (250 g) Snow peas
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Salt-free garlic and herb seasoning blend
- 1 Green onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 Lime wedges
BEN'S ORIGINAL™ Jasmine Rice, 1.6kg
1 Whisk together chicken broth, lime juice, soy sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, garlic and ginger; set aside.
2 In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook chicken for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned. Add rice; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
3 Stir in chicken broth mixture; bring to simmer. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
4 Meanwhile, steam carrot for 5 minutes. Add zucchini; steam for additional 3 minutes. Add snow peas; steam for additional 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Toss gently with salt-free garlic and herb seasoning blend.
5 Divide rice mixture among 4 shallow bowls. Top with steamed vegetables and garnish with green onion and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
DESCRIPTION AMOUNT PER SERVING
- Calories 420
- Carbohydrates (g) 49 g
- Dietary Fiber (g) 4 g
- Protein (g) 34 g
- Sugar (g) 8 g
- Sodium (mg) 530 mg
- Total Fat (g) 9 g