Sweet and Sour Peach and Pork Stir Fry with Jasmine Rice
Sweet, sour and peachy. What more could you ask for in a stir fry? Combine sauteed pork, a few fresh veggies and BEN’S ORIGINAL™ Jasmine rice for the ultimate taste sensation – ready in minutes.
- 1 cup (250 mL) BEN’S ORIGINAL™ Jasmine Rice
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Canola oil
- 12 oz (340 g) Pork tenderloin, cubed
- 3 cups (750 mL) Sugar snap peas
- 1 Peach, pitted and chopped
- 1 Red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Apricot jam
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Sesame oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Cornstarch
- 1 pinch Salt
1 Prepare rice according to package directions without butter.
2 In wok or large skillet, heat oil over high heat; stir-fry pork for 2 or 3 minutes or until browned. Add peas, peach and red pepper; stir-fry for 1 minute.
3 Whisk together broth, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, apricot jam, sesame oil and cornstarch; stir into pan. Bring to boil; cook for 1 minute or until pork is cooked through and vegetables are tender-crisp.
4 To serve, spoon stir-fry over rice.
DESCRIPTION AMOUNT PER SERVING
- Calories 370
- Carbohydrates (g) 51 g
- Dietary Fiber (g) 4 g
- Protein (g) 24 g
- Sugars (g) 9 g
- Sodium (mg) 310 mg
- Total Fat (g) 7 g