Chicken Stir Fry
You can feed a family of four in just 20 minutes with this Asian-inspired combo of chicken breast, veggies and sauces.
- 2 pouches (each 250 g) BEN’S ORIGINAL™ BISTRO EXPRESS™ Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Vegetable oil
- 500g (1 lb) boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 large red or yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) Chopped red onion (1 large)
- 2 cups (500 mL) Bean sprouts
- 1 cup (250 mL)Snow peas, cut in ¾-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Water
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Light soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Sesame seeds
BEN'S ORIGINAL™ BISTRO EXPRESS™ Wholegrain Brown Rice, 250g
1 In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken, peppers and onion 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables soften and chicken is no longer pink.
2 Stir in bean sprouts and pea pods; cook 1 minute. Stir in water, soy sauce, and fish sauce.
3 Gently squeeze rice pouches, then stir into chicken mixture, heating about 2 minutes until thoroughly combined. Garnish with sesame seeds.
DESCRIPTION AMOUNT PER SERVING
- Calories 460
- Carbohydrates (g) 51 g
- Dietary Fiber (g) 7 g
- Protein (g) 34 g
- Sugars (g) 8 g
- Total Fat (g) 15 g
- Sodium (mg) 590 mg