Chili Con Carne
Our chili con carne recipe is loaded with kidney beans and black beans and makes a perfect mid-week dinner for everyone.
- 2 pouches (each 250 g) BEN’S ORIGINAL™ BISTRO EXPRESS™ CONVERTED™ Brand Rice
- 450 g (1 lb) Extra-lean minced beef
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) Sweetcorn
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked Red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) Black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canned chopped tomato
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Ground cumin
- Lime wedges
1 In large saucepan, cook and stir ground beef, onion and garlic together for 5 to 7 minutes or until brown; drain.
2 Stir in remaining ingridients except rice, lime and coriander. Heating to boiling. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thick.
3 Meanwhile, heat rice as directed on package. Serve chilli with rice. Garnish with lime wedge and cilantro.
DESCRIPTION AMOUNT PER SERVING
- Calories 526
- Carbohydrates (g) 61 g
- Dietary Fiber (g) 13 g
- Protein (g) 37 g
- Sugars (g) 6 g
- Total Fat (g) 11 g
- Sodium (mg) 570 mg