Creamy Coconut Butter Chicken with Basmati Rice
How about a dinner that serves? Try adding some sweet coconut milk to traditional butter chicken and serve with BEN’S ORIGINAL™ BISTRO EXPRESS™ Basmati rice. So creamy, so delicious.
- 2 pouches (each 240 g) BEN’S ORIGINAL™ BISTRO EXPRESS™ Basmati Rice
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Canola oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Indian curry paste
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Minced ginger
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Peanut butter
- 1 can (400 mL) Coconut milk
- 6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs, cubed
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Salt
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Cilantro leaves (optional)
- 4 pcs Naan bread, for serving
BEN'S ORIGINAL™ BISTRO EXPRESS™ Basmati Rice, 250g
1 In a large skillet, heat oil set over medium-high heat. Add curry paste, tomato paste and ginger. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant. Whisk in peanut butter and coconut milk; bring to a boil. Stir in chicken and salt. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
2 Prepare rice according to microwave directions.
3 Serve butter chicken over rice. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with Naan
DESCRIPTION AMOUNT PER SERVING
- Calories 526
- Carbohydrates (g) 40 g
- Dietary Fiber (g) 1 g
- Protein (g) 28 g
- Total Fat (g) 23 g