General Tso's Chicken & Rice
Create a classic takeout dish – without the takeout part. General Tso’s Chicken is so easy when you’ve got BEN’S ORIGINAL™ Wholegrain Brown rice in the pantry. Cook everything in under 20 minutes and serve!
- 1 1/4 cup (300 mL) BEN’S ORIGINAL™ Wholegrain Brown Rice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Water
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Canola oil
- 1 1/2 lb (750g) Chicken, boneless and skinless, cubed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Sesame seeds
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
BEN'S ORIGINAL™ Wholegrain Brown Rice, 1.6kg
1 Cook rice according to package directions without butter or salt.
2 Meanwhile, whisk the rice wine vinegar, water, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and cornstarch.
3 Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown all over.
4 Stir in sauce mixture; bring to a boil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens.
5 Serve over prepared rice. Garnish with green onions, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes, if using.
DESCRIPTION AMOUNT PER SERVING
- Calories 560
- Carbohydrates (g) 67 g
- Dietary Fiber (g) 3 g
- Protein (g) 44 g
- Total Fat (g) 11 g
- Sugars (g) 17 g
- Sodium (mg) 610 mg